A Curious Mind project is a series of stories and interviews from interesting people I met across Asia, recorded and shared through videos on YouTube.
- To share the stories and lessons of the people I interviewed to inspire action, better lifestyle and make a difference.
- To help create / enhance the video profile of the people I interviewed. More importantly, to help further their cause / messages by connecting them with my network and beyond.
- To feed the insatiable curiosity I have to learn from people’s success and failures.
Interviewees’ Criteria (not mutually inclusive)
- They must be interesting and be able to communicate well.
- They must have a spirit of generosity* in sharing their ideas, experiences and stories; both success and failure accounts of their lives with equal enthusiasm and honesty.
- There must be lessons to draw from, from their life stories that will enrich and inspire others.
- Their work must be meaningful and is making a difference to the community.
- They must be masterful in their craft.
I have an extensive range of interests in the kind of people / area I hope to cover. Below are some of them:
- Young Leaders
- I have been privileged to meet some of the brightest young minds in the region doing extraordinary work to make changes thanks to my my affiliation with the Global Shapers. I will continue to explore this area for content, because I strongly believe that age should not be a hindrance for people to take leadership. In fact, young people are more connected and empowered to make changes today than never before. My goal is to use their stories to inspire other young people to step up and be the change.
- Social Enterprise
- I am constantly inspired by businesses with a cause beyond just profit. Who says you can’t make money while making social impact I need more stories like this to support my thesis.
- Business / Start Up
- I am a sucker for stories about resilience and innovation.
- I am keen to learn about how to build company culture, provide world’s best customer service, sales and leadership.
- Growth / Personal Development
- I am on a quest to understand:
- What it means to live a good life?
- How to be a more effective writer / communicator / public speaker?
- How master one’s mindset?
- How to have a better EQ?
- I am interested to talk to people in the area of Art and Creativity, Spiritual, Health and Lifestyle Design Practice.
- I am on a quest to understand:
- I am endlessly curious about how to be a better parent? How to turn my daughters into the next Serena Williams? How to cure them of their phone addiction (without disrupting my own)
- Above all, I am keen to learn how to produce children of good character. Those who are compassionate, kind, resilient and respectful.
- I do this by often asking my successful interviewees – how their parents raised them? And those who are married with older children- their parenting joy and challenges? (I have yet to find any identical answers from all the people I have spoken to).
- No part of the content will be published without the prior consent of the interviewee.
- This forum is committed to spreading positive and inspiring messages with no ill intention attached. In doing so, I hope to stimulate an open and honest interview in exploring the widest range of conversation possible with no discussion that the interviewee would feel as off limit.
Because this project may not yield any short term or long-term reward. It is not likely to go viral or make you famous. It may not even draw a large viewership (at least in the early stage of it’s life cycle).
One of the reasons why you are doing this is purely to support a friend or a stranger, who is passionate about learning and sharing your stories to his network of influence and pay forward the spirit of generosity.
- The interview will be an opportunity for you to reflect on your life by simply allowing the interviewer to ask you questions .
- The interviewer is interested and committed to learn about what you have contributed in your life and draw lessons from your experience to share with a wider audience through YouTube and social media.
- For nothing else, this project will enrich your profile with an intimate video interview about your life story.
About the Interviewer:
- Shaun Hoon was the founder of Inspire & Inspire magazine
- He has interviewed hundreds of people through his publishing career in the last decade. The prominent people he has interviewed include: Marshall Goldsmith, Fan Bingbing, Guy Kawasaki, Robert Kiyosaki, Wu Chun and more. However, the most interesting stories remain from the unsung heroes such as the Uber drivers and vendors on the street.
- He is a Director at Asia Inc Forum. He recently helped organise The Future Re-Imagined Conference in Manila.
- He provides training on writing, publishing, entrepreneurship, creativity, sales, customer service. You can read his profile and his training info here.